IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
SMS Guardian Text Alert
For Your Peace of Mind – Text Alert Fraud Prevention
We’re looking out for you! Keep tabs on your debit or ATM card 24/7 straight from your phone or tablet. Sign up for our new smsGuardian™ service and you’ll receive text messages regarding activity on your debit cards and ATM cards. If you receive a text message about a transaction you think is fraudulent, you can reply immediately and your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. If you receive this message and you know the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything. The card transactions which may result in a text alert message are:
- Card not present
- Out of state transactions
Sign up now for this complimentary ATM/Debit card fraud prevention tool at:
( https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=FB ) or Click the button Below.
- To enroll all you need is the 16 digit card number, the last 4 digits of your social security number and the phone number of the device which you want to receive the text alerts.
- You can enroll any and all of your Commercial National Bank debit cards or ATM cards.
- Enrollments will be good for a one year period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your smsGuardian account.
- You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your phone or tablet service carrier. So Message and Data Rates May Apply.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the work STOP in reply to a Guardian Alert, by texting STOP to 27576 or by unsubscribing from the service entirely on the website.