Debit Card Fraud Alerts
Help prevent online debit card fraud with smsGuardian™ Text Alerts. Receive a text message on every online purchase or keyed transaction authorized on your debit card.
For Your Peace of Mind – Text Alert Fraud Prevention
We’re looking out for you! Keep tabs on your debit or ATM card 24/7 straight from your phone or tablet. Sign up for our new smsGuardian™ service and you’ll receive text messages regarding activity on your debit cards and ATM cards. If you receive a text message about a transaction you think is fraudulent, you can reply immediately and your card will be cancelled. If you receive this message and you know the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything. The card transactions which may result in a text alert message are:
- Card not present, such as online purchases and keyed in purchases
- Out of state transactions
- International transactions
- Transactions in the amount over $99.00
- Fuel & fuel store transactions
- Declined transactions
Sign up now for this complimentary ATM/Debit card fraud prevention tool.
To enroll all you need is the 16 digit card number, the last 4 digits of your social security number and the phone number of the device which you want to receive the text alerts.
You can enroll any and all of your Commercial National Bank debit cards or ATM cards.
Enrollments will be good for a one year period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your smsGuardian™ account.
You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your mobile device service provider. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian Alert, by texting STOP to 27576 or by unsubscribing from the service entirely on the website.
Debit Card Fraud Prevention Service
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system for potential debit card fraud. You will receive an email message, text message then phone call for potential fraud.
All of our debit cardholders are automatically enrolled in the service, so there is no need to sign up.
Here’s how it works when potential fraud is detected:
1. You will receive an automatic email notification, with the option to respond and confirm fraud or no fraud.
2. One minute after the email, you will receive a text message, from 32874*, with the option to reply with “YES” if the transaction is valid or “NO” if the transaction is fraud. ***Data rates may apply
3. If there is no response received from you 20 minutes after the text message, you will receive automated phone calls from 1-800-417-4592* to confirm or deny fraud. If fraud is confirmed or if there is a failure to authenticate your identity, you will be connected to a fraud analyst.
If you do not respond to notifications, your card may be blocked until you respond to the messages or contact the Fraud Center.
Remember – our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number.
*The phone number which the Fraud Center will call you from is 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display whenever you get a call from this number. You can also add the short code of 32874 to your contacts to know the text messages are from the Fraud Center.
Please contact us with any questions or updated contact information.